About Us: At Pratt Industries, we are passionate about transforming recycled paper into high-quality corrugated board sheets, which are used to create the boxes that our customers rely on. We take pride in our commitment to sustainability, innovation, and delivering exceptional products to our clients. Join our team and be a part of our mission to make a difference in the packaging industry.
Job Overview: As a Corrugator Supervisor at Pratt Industries, you will play a crucial role in leading a team of approximately ten individuals to ensure the daily production of high-quality board in a safe and efficient manner with minimal waste. The role involves maintaining set production levels, implementing quality standards, and fostering a positive work environment. The ideal candidate will have prior supervisory experience, technical proficiency in corrugated manufacturing, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Supervise daily operations to achieve and maintain production levels as set by management.
- Communicate production standards effectively to the team.
- Report quality concerns to the Corrugator Superintendent.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing quality guidelines.
- Promote high morale within the department through fairness, consistency, and addressing employee concerns with confidentiality.
- Conduct regular team meetings and enforce corrective action procedures when applicable.
- Maintain inventories of rollstock and corrugator supplies.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to optimize material availability.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager on repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Keep upper management informed of departmental issues that may affect performance.
- Conduct daily Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Improve career skills by participating in seminars, technical courses, and relevant college courses.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program and good housekeeping.
Skills and Abilities:
- Directly supervise all employees within the department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, conflict resolution, team building, coaching, leading employees to improvement, addressing complaints, resolving problems, documentation, and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Candidate are preferred who offer the following:
- Prior experience in the corrugated industry.
- Working knowledge of equipment design and capabilities.
- Understanding of cost issues for daily decision-making.
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulatory requirements, including OSHA, DEQ, FMCSA and EEO.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
- Superior time management and crisis management skills.
- Effective teaching skills for both technical and administrative aspects.
- Excellent employee relations skills, including active listening, conflict resolution, and motivational techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence and professional appearance.