Our Stacker Operators are responsible for all activities associated with stacking sheets from the Corrugator including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations to meet customer demand in a manufacturing facility involved in turning recycled paper into sheets of corrugated board and getting them to our customers.
Who We Are
Pratt Industries is an industry leader in sustainable packaging — from pizza boxes to the packaging that was delivered to your doorstep from your favorite online retailer — we create our solutions from recycled content and eliminate waste in landfills.
Stacker Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist corrugator crew with adhering to production schedule and learn to read corrugator lineups. Relay messages to proper personnel promptly regarding necessary production adjustments. Place protective top and bottom sheets and insert tie sheets when applicable. Count and verify units. Insure proper load tags are in each unit. Restack, flip stack and handband units as necessary. Operate corrugator conveyor lines and unitizer.
- Train and assist other Stacker Operators with job duties on the machine, downtime, setup times, and quality.
- Cross-train in other positions on the corrugator and back up other operator positions.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
- Job Type: Full-time
- Entry Level Pay Rate: $17.00
- Work schedule: 2nd shift (Start Time is 4:00 pm), 10+ hour shift Monday through Friday, and some weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.