This role will support the production and maintenance team on the purchase and acquisition of materials, parts, equipment, supplies and services in order to sustainably operate the plant for the production of packaging products at the lowest possible costs and of excellent quality.
The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
• Create purchase orders from requisitions, ensure cost center and accounts are correct (taxes, freight, etc.).
• Facilitate accurate and effective communications between purchase requestor and vendor, to ensure expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
• Perform exhaustive research for the selection of parts to find the right products that will lead to management improvement of costs and expenses.
• Ensure Procurement to Payment (P2P), and approval processes are followed and high quality purchase transactions are executed as per Pratt Industries procedures
• Manage relationships with current suppliers, identify and qualify new suppliers
• Monitor and maintain records pertaining to supplier performance and compliance, conduct audits.
• Support the development and improvement of department processes / procedures.
• Maintain purchase orders and purchasing related information in a current & updated status.
• Perform purchasing activities including buyer, supplier evaluation and selection, product specifications, order qualities and delivery requirements.
• Process invoices (Operations/Freight services) collected at reception as well as shared inbox.
• Follow-up on payments for invoices past due dates. Resolve Invoice discrepancies, lost invoices etc.
• In-depth understanding of industrial consumables and practical mechanical knowledge.
• Effective communication – verbally and in writing.
• Proven attention to detail
• Ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Physical Demands or Unusual Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Ability to work in high, precarious places
• Must be organized and able to proficiently multi task. Communicate effectively with others.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans