NOW OFFERING 1 DAY HIRING - Interview today, Start tomorrow
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely at all times, be aware of surroundings and understand and comply with Pratt Industries Safety rules, operating procedures, and help hold co-workers responsible for safety related items. Participate in Plant Safety Committee.
- Follow at all times GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes)
- Learn and comply with Pratt Industries quality procedures and policies. Stop bad quality from leaving the facility to the Customer. Catch it on the front end of manufacturing the product. Strong attention to detail for poor quality; prevent bad quality being sent to customer.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed. Improve set up times daily, improve downtime daily. Identify and address mechanical concerns and report to Production Supervisor or Production Manager or Plant Mechanical Tech/Specialist
- Housekeeping and cleaning of work areas – keep clean and free of tripping hazards during shift and end of shift cleaning of the area. In addition, good housekeeping of areas employee utilizes; break rooms, bathrooms, refrigerators etc.
- Learn and understand capability and capacity of machine and drive efficiencies limiting waste and downtime. Do not sacrifice quality for machine speeds – must have both excellent quality and high efficiencies with minimal downtime.
- Train and assist Assistant Machine Operators, Machine Helpers and Production Utility with job duties on the machine, downtime, setup times and quality.
- Cross-train on other machines and learns other positions in the plant.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work order requests to supervision for needed repairs on the machine or machines. Be proactive in the maintenance and housekeeping of equipment.
- Switch duties with co-workers as necessary. Learning environment to learn as many job duties to assist with plant growth and personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary, sometimes on short notice. We serve our customers 24x7 – 365 days a year and sometimes work on holidays not avoidable.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED
Mathematical Skills: Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. the employee is occasionally required to life up to or near 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.