Pratt Industries has a need for a Plant Engineer as part of the team in Lewisburg, OH. The Engineer will work closely with our Production, and Maintenance staff to integrate their knowledge/skills and real world experiences to help optimize mechanical processes and reduce machine downtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)-
The Plant Engineer’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement engineering and reliability strategies and maintenance systems, programs, and methods to determine demands for components, equipment and processes.
- Acquire real-time equipment data and analyze the business and safety risks, equipment reliability, and improve equipment functions.
- Perform detailed reliability studies and calculations of component / system downtime.
- Prepare reliability analysis, scorecards, charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports for avoiding maintenance delays and make recommendations for improvements.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, or manufacturing engineering assignments, including responsibility for major subsections of complex technical improvement projects using engineering best practices, and acquiring and analyzing equipment real-time data in reducing downtime.
- Work individually or with members from the maintenance crew to develop scopes, estimates, and cost control
- Work with Maintenance leader to help establish good maintenance practices including Preventive and Predictive maintenance (PM/PdM), Condition Based Maintenance (CBM), and Risk Based Inspection (RBI).
- Conduct Monthly and annual Preventative preparations using analytics and trends
- Helping to efficiently reduce downtime and increasing machine uptime
- Interfacing with non-exempt team members to transfer knowledge, skills, & expertise
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-
The educational requirements are a four (4) year Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or related field or real world experience equivalent to the above mentioned educational background.
The candidate must speak and write English at a college level
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes
Ability to write business reports and correspondence
Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, contractors, and employees
The candidate must be able to understand and use simple conversions and algebraic formulas
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
Able to apply concepts of algebra and geometry along with basic math (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing)
The candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and chemical systems
Ability to gather information and perform root cause analysis and problem solving
Ability to create reports for review by upper management
Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Employee is regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
Employee is frequently required to stand, climb ladders, bend and kneel
The employee is occasionally required to sit
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Employee will be measured on the performance goals established by Plant Manager.