Responsible for the development and monitoring of sales initiatives, sales volume, and product mix of Retail sales part of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor sales volume and product mix for maximum profitability.
- Identify and sell to profitable accounts
- Working knowledge of profit and loss statements and estimating. Responsible for determining the profit level of products based on production capabilities.
- Monitor market changes and make necessary recommendations for equipment, personnel, product mix, and product inventory changes as needed.
- Enforce procedures to ensure the quality of work done by the sales and design staff.
- Maintain customer contact with all major accounts.
- Prepare annual budget and sales forecasts as needed.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year College Degree
- Two to Four years’ experience in the Retail /Manufacturing industry
- Two to Four years’ sales experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to make effective PowerPoint presentations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, profits, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to negotiate positive outcomes for both Pratt and our customers.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The work environment requires that the employee has the ability to drive a car and maintains a good driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the plant environment is usually loud.
The individual must posses the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the sales and administrative parts of the position.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
The performance of the Sales Manager will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer relationships. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the manger.
- Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the manager and supervisor.
- Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the manger is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.