Pratt Industries is America's leading recycled paper and packaging company. It is the 5th largest corrugated packager in the nation and the only major one that produces only 100% recycled paper. We have more than 9000 highly-skilled, green-collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability and we want you to join our team!
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift Flex
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The maintenance technician is a skilled multi-craft professional responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and repair of all machinery to minimize downtown while ensuring a safe and well-functioning machine to support the operations of this facility effectively.
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Maintaining good housekeeping
- Read, diagnose, and repair machinery
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment
- Follow work orders to ensure repairs and work are performed properly and on time
- Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly, and following company guidelines
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Provide the tools required to perform maintenance tasks
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication with co-workers and others to carry out job duties
- Use all aspects of the maintenance software program
- Read electrical schematics and other documents to assist in diagnosing and repairing machinery and equipment
- Experience with electrical instrumentation
- Equipment design and capabilities that can translate into efficient operation
- A/C and D/C drives and their control systems use
- Advanced equipment troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, cutting, tool sharpening, machine setup, blueprint reading, electrical schematic reading, basic carpentry, HVAC electrical repairs, machine repair, and tooling selection preferred
- Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department-related tasks are required
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
Repair experience in a high-volume production environment. Preferred candidates will have prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
You may be required to maintain a current lift truck operator license and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
*** All candidates are required to pass The Ramsay Mechanical Aptitude Test (Ramsay MAT-4) prior to employment ***
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*** Safety is a top priority and we take great strides to emphasize key safety procedures and protocols through ongoing training and employee engagement ***
Personal growth - We will provide each employee with the tools to assist in their professional growth. Each year, goals will be developed and agreed to by the employee and their superiors.
Employee relations - Through observations, employees are evaluated regarding their behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect, and communication.
Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Job type: Full-time
Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program are available within ONE MONTH of hire.
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program & Incentives
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- 401(k) Company Matching
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.