Take and process customer orders and address all customer inquiries and complaints.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take customer orders either directly from customers or sales representatives.
- Place orders on a timely basis for purchases of materials and supplies to be used in production.
- Process billing.
- Handle customer complaints and questions and follow-up with appropriate internal personnel as required.
- Maintain customer files.
- Process new items.
- Process purchase orders.
- Coordinate accounting credits.
- Record and distribute customer order changes.
- Fax confirmations to customers.
- Assist sales personnel as appropriate and assist in generating supplemental sales.
- Track warehouse items to insure availability and that agreed upon minimum/maximum levels are followed.
- Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per customer.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Preferred experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred experience in the corrugated box industry
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram (graphic) form. Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information or standardization exists.
Application knowledge and skill for computer data entry
Application knowledge of products and production processes
Quality standards – both ISO and QS
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The performance of the Customer Service Representative will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer service. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the representative.
- Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the representative and supervisor.
- Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.