Pratt Industries - a sustainable packaging company - is looking for an experienced corrugator industry professional to join our Livonia team as Production Improvement Manager. As the Production Improvement Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving process efficiency, enhancing quality, and ensuring a safety-minded work environment at this high-tech Converting facility. If you are an industry expert with a passion for coaching, training, and driving tangible results, we encourage you to apply!
Perks of Pratt
- Plentiful opportunities for growth and learning
- Stable employment in an environmentally-conscious, flourishing industry
- Hands-on management
- Becoming a member of the Pratt family - a company that truly cares
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety and Quality Mindset: Champion a culture of quality and safety throughout the organization. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to implement best practices, adhere to regulatory standards, and mitigate risks.
- Hands-On Process Improvement Coaching: By working closely with production and equipment, develop personalized training programs focused on process optimization, quality enhancement, waste reduction, and safety protocols.
- Quality Systems Management: Maintain and enhance existing ISO processes related to quality.
- Employee Relations and Engagement: Act as a motivational leader, inspiring employees to actively participate in performance optimization efforts and embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Performance Metrics and Documentation: Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to efficiency, quality, safety, and other relevant areas. Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for enhancement. Establish and maintain documentation standards for processes, procedures, and best practices.
- 3+ years corrugated industry experience, preferably multi-machine operator experience
- Experience as a crew lead, trainer, supervisor, or superintendent in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Candidates are preferred that have a degree in a field related to the role
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.