POSITION TITLE: THIRD SHIFT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Supervise approximately 15 people and oversee warehouse duties. Cross-train employees in key positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading the warehouse's daily activities and shipping incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervises warehouse, shipping, receiving, picking/packing, and breakdown line
- Load and unload products daily basis
- Assist with Cycle counts and management of inventory
- Supervisor Forklift Operators in the daily routine of loading trucks neatly and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Prepare work orders for and coordinate repairs of trucks, trailers, forklifts, dock plates, and dock doors.
- Coordinate with Shipping & Receiving Coordinator and Order Processor to deliver the customer orders on time.
- Work with Shipping & Receiving Coordinator in shipping & receiving, and transporting orders.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of the department
- Conduct daily/weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Adheres to daily production schedule and makes recommendations to optimize the schedules to meet cost, quality, delivery, and service goals
- Communicate with necessary Leads and Staff to avoid problems between shift changes
- Establish high morale within the department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems while maintain confidentiality
- Develop strong rapport with various freight lines.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies, procedures, and good housekeeping
- Additional duties may as assigned by management
Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department by carrying out supervisory responsibilities following the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of exemplary behavior, attitude, and performance.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years experience as a Forklift Operator and/or Truck Driver
- Two years prior supervisory experience
- One year of shipping experience
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience in the corrugated box industry
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. Has the ability to teach and train personnel. Understands cost issues to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and find areas of improvement. Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements, including wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements, including OSHA, DEQ, and EEO.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The individual must possess the following:
Superior time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting. Teaching skills to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
Excellent crisis management demonstrates high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead their personnel to a successful resolution. Excellent employee relations skills, including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying positive and corrective feedback, resolving conflicts involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, and understanding and demonstrating positive motivational skills, including coaching and delegation techniques. Demonstrates confidence, including providing a consistent leadership style with good professional assertiveness.
The performance of the supervisor will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the supervisor will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the supervisor.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the supervisor in growing professionally, the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the supervisor and their superior.
Employee relations - through observations, the supervisor will be evaluated regarding their skills and advancements in the areas of motivational techniques and results, positive and corrective/constructive feedback, subordinate development, and creating a positive work environment.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the supervisor is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Responsibilities: Our company is currently seeking candidates who are passionate about customer service, possess great communication skills, and are committed to working hard. The Shift Manager oversees the daily operations of a retail store and ensures that all deadlines are met.