POSITION TITLE: 3rd Shift Assistant Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the forklift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all activities associated with helping operators on all presses, including set-up, operation, cleanup, and recommending process improvements. Back up operator when the operator is not available.
- Set up slotting, feed, and die-cut sections on the machine accurately, following proper set-up techniques
- Assist operator in other duties
- Monitor board quality, including - loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, and any other defects
- Ability to report any quality problems to the operator and sort them as necessary to keep the machine running
- Work at a pace set by the machine operator
- Cross-train on other machines as necessary
- Be willing to move up the line of progression to the operator regardless of Shift
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs and be proactive in the maintenance of equipment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and good housekeeping.
- Helps operators adhere to production schedules
- Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, and service goals
- Reports any unusual scheduling issues to the Supervisor
- Additional duties may be assigned by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
- 6 months experience in manufacturing
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurements, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans