POSITION TITLE: 3rd Shift Forklift Driver
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the forklift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to move various-sized units and/or products from various sources to the next staging area
- Maintain accurate records of the location of each unit moved
- Performing basic equipment maintenance and general housekeeping duties
- Assist general operations when needed
- Must have the ability to maintain and or identify equipment maintenance needs.
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem-solving, tape measure, and time management skills are needed
- Safety conscious with a high degree of attention and control for the prevention of damage to materials and equipment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years prior forklift experience
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Previous work experience in the corrugated industry
- Experience with “scanner” or “barcode” warehouse management inventory
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans - EEOC Statement