The Regional Human Resources Manager for Logistics Division will report to the Divisional HR Manager. This is a hands on/participatory Operational HR Manager position responsible for a Region/Territory inside the Division. This is not a desk HR Manager position. Participation in the operations of the business is required to serve our Employees. Some travel will be required to assist and manage the locations within the region assigned to the Divisional HR Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all phases of employment including advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, placement of personnel, orientation programs, exit interviews, and unemployment compensation hearings.
- Strong recruiting experience
- Investigate hotline calls, employee complaints to seek positive resolution in a speedy manner.
- Administer all employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FMLA and vacation, paid sick leave.
- Serve as primary source of contact to managers, employees, working under the supervision of the Divisional HR Manager on all human resource related matters.
- Maintain and administer HR reports and records as required by state and federal laws.
- Assist with maintaining and updating personnel files and I-9 files
- Compute, post, and maintain reports related to employee leave and absentees.
- Assist with processing biweekly payroll
- Assist in managing Temporary Agencies supplying labor to the plant. And hold the Temporary Agencies accountable to Pratt Industries Hiring Criteria.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to do some travel to the locations in the designated territory.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and serve multiple locations and be a strong problem solver.
- Participation in daily/weekly/monthly meetings, Safety meetings, employee meetings, and or conference calls.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and problem solve complex HR related issues.
- Understand the Business needs and support the Managers within the business segments
- Must be able to build strong productive relationships with the HR Managers outside of the Division.
- Work closely with the Divisional HR Manager – keeping Divisional HR Manager updated on people related items and issues.
- Some travel required
- Heavy focus on Driver Engagement and serving our Fleet of Drivers
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
The individual must possess the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
Strong recruiting skills – Heavy volume of recruiting
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
- Five to Seven years’ experience as a HR generalist or HR Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate (proficient in MS Word, MS Excel)
- BS degree in HR Management/Business
- Manufacturing or Logistics experience
- Preferred SPHR or PHR certification
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel)
Proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations
Preferred Candidates with experience with ADP
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, sit and stand. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.