Position Title: SWING Driver
Reports to: Route Supervisor
The Driver – Commercial (FEL) drives a commercial front-end load truck to provide prompt, courteous and complete waste removal for commercial customers
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities: % Time
• Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
• Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
• Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
• Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
• Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
• Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
• Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
• Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
• Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
• Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
• Follow all company safety guidelines.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience driving an FEL truck
• A valid Class B CDL without airbrake restrictions from the state that you declare to be your point of permanent domicile
• Verifiable experience operating a CMV – 12 months or 150,000 miles
• Read, write, speak, and clearly understand the English language
DOT applications must be complete and accurate and should:
• Include (7) year MVR with application
• Reflect all periods of employment, unemployment, self-employment, and education for the past 10 years. All activities in the last three (3) years must be verifiable
• Must meet or exceed the medical standard of DOT, including passing a physical exam and drug test administered by a company approved facility
• No reckless driving violations in the last ten (10) years
• No suspension of license in the last ten (10) years
• Moving violations– 1 -3 years: no more than one (1) moving violation. 2 -5 years: no more than 2 moving violations
• No failed or refused drug or alcohol test
• No felony convictions within the last ten (10) years from the time restitution was completed. Convictions older than ten (10) years will be considered on a case by case basis.
• No controlled substance events – No crimes against another person of ANY type
• Misdemeanors will be considered on a case by case basis
• No DWI, DUI, BAC, or Open Container convictions in the last ten (10) years
• Present a clean and professional appearance
• Successful completion of road test
•Professional Attitude & conduct
Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
•High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
•Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
•Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
•Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
•Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
•Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
•Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
•Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
•You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
•Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Pratt Industries.
• Random and Suspicion Drug/Alcohol testing is performed.
• Take Caedus placement test for skill assessment.
Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.