Safely maintain machinery & equipment to ensure continuous running and exceptional quality in a timely manner.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of the Equipment: Check and repair safety guards, Installed correctly, check for obstruction, Check and repair hydraulics: Leaks, Cracks, breaks, etc. Check operating vehicles, Brakes are functional, Fluids are within specified range, Safety equipment is functional and in place, Check propane tanks for rust, corrosion, damages and repair
- Maintain Inventory and Supply of Replacement parts: Keep written records; send report on a monthly basis, Order parts, as approved by Facility Manager, Work with vendors concerning replacement parts and quality
- Keep All Equipment in Operating Condition: Preventative Maintenance for all machinery and vehicles. Follow prescribed schedules, Assist/train operators to do own maintenance, mechanical repairs for all machinery and vehicles
- Forklift: Make sure all safety features are working, Know and be able to repair Hydraulic System, Know basic engine trouble-shooting and repair, Change all filters and fluids, Know and repair brake system, Know and repair fuel system, Certification to Operate
- Baler: Chain link, Needle head (replace and repair) *straighten if necessary, Needle arms, (align) (leveling cage), Twister fingers ,Wire guides, Cutter blades, Change hydraulic fluids and filters, Repair oil leaks and hydraulic lines, Wear plates and “platen”, Leak tests on rams, Replace ram tub and cylinder, Replace computer controls cards, Repair and replace all safety features, Repair P.M. (steam clean, filters, and grease),(Welding) structural work
- All Conveyors: Replace belt - track belt, Replace cleats, Repair or replace clutch drive, Repair or replace baffles/guide wheels, Bearings, Regular P.M. (steam clean), (Welding) structural work
- Densifier: Make sure all guards are on after repair, Repair and replace limit switches, Wiring on limit switches, Replace hydraulic hoses, Replace valves, o-rings, Replace battery on computer, Replace RAM and o-rings, Wear plates (monitor and replace), Pre-crusher Wheel (replace), Replace bearings and belt of conveyor and tracking, Any structural repairs, Replace hydraulic motor
- Safety: Make sure all machinery is locked out before repair, Keep management informed of wear factors and possible breakdowns, Keep logs of all repairs, Keep all repair areas clean, Schedule/Prioritize All Repairs and Preventative Maintenance, Baler, Densifier, Forklift, Loader, Plastic Line, Glass Line
- Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- High School Diploma/GED
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with mechanical and maintenance duties
- Hands-on skills and attitude
- Ability to work in varying climates and conditions
- Willing to uphold PRATT Safety and Operational excellence policies
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Basic Computer Skills (Data Entry)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, & multiply
- Able to work extended work hours and weekends, as needed
- General knowledge of electrical prints, pneumatic pumps and hydraulic systems.
- Be able to weld- stick and wire feed welder.
- Must have own tools and be able to bring and use on the job.
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Random and Suspicion Drug tests are performed
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Pratt Industries.