Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the separation of various types of commingle or fiber recyclables.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and purity of the material.
- Operate equipment in accordance with O&M manual
- Check material for quality and conformity
- Separate out the non-recyclable material and trash from the line and place in proper containers
- Must keep up with general housekeeping
- Must obey all company safety regulations
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- High school education or equivalent
- Must have a demonstrated ability to follow directions
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Pre-employment, Post Accident, Random and Suspicion Drug tests are performed
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Pratt Industries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.