Operates large truck scale, weighs, measures and checks materials, supplies and equipment on trucks and trailers for the purpose of determining value and/or assuring that legal weight limits on the trucks and trailers are not exceeded. Greets and directs drivers.
- Data entry for all inbound loads received at the Mill and Gasifier based on BOL’s received at the time of delivery
- Communicates with campus divisions and yard personnel via two-way radio
- Communicates with drivers via CB radio to notify when a dock is open to deliver material
- Prints certified weigh tickets for purchase of Recycling material and for Gasifier receipts
- Ensures bills of lading, and other required paperwork are correctly filled out and accompany truck or products
- Maintains scale as required
- Weigh trucks in and out
- Must obey all company safety regulations
- Logging the drivers/loads on the receiving/shipping logs
- Notifying shipping when driver arrives to p/u outbound loads
- Work with campus personnel to ensure traffic flow is consistent
- Must be able to work in varying climate
- Must be able to work in manufacturing/plant environment
- Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
Must have a proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: word, excel
Must be able to work varied shifts and overtime as needed
High School education or equivalent