Responsible for providing guidance, direction, training and establishing and directing performance objectives for production, safety/regulatory, shipping, planning, receiving, and maintenance. A high degree of safety, quality, production understanding and experience.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work or employees
- Ensure all equipment is operated in accordance with O&M manual
- Check material (incoming and outgoing) for quality and conformity
- Ensure housekeeping plan is implemented on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Ensure employees are properly trained on all mobile equipment.
- Maintain, document and keep up to date all Safety and Health Monthly Training
- Manage material inventories and schedule trucks based on daily production.
- Maintain all commodity inventories in a neat and orderly manner.
- Conduct daily Toolbox meetings.
- Implement and maintain 5S program.
- Keep Plant Manager informed of activities, problems, etc.
- Must obey all company safety regulations.
- Report and document all plant and equipment damage.
- Investigate and provide corrective measures for all plant and equipment damage.
- Develop and implement JSA’s for all job function in your respective area.
- Maintain knowledge of all Pratt Recycling Safety Programs.
- Manage Plant employee overtime and only permit for business necessity.
- Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Dependent on facility
- 1 - 5 years of manufacturing/production supervisory experience
- Understanding of planning and processes in a recycling environment and the impact of health and safety and environmental issues at the local, state, and federal levels, fluent in PC applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written means with all levels of the company from line workers to company president. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers, and public. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical and governmental regulations.
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Random and Suspicion Drug tests are performed
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Pratt Industries.