The Project Manager works with the sales team, account managers and clients to manage the execution of a project from concept through delivery. The primary focus of this role is one of customer service that communicates directly with the customer on a daily basis as it relates to order needs and other information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with sales, client and plant for back end execution that may include, tracking of purchased materials, inventory status and sales order entry if necessary.
- Provide MPR/CSS (Master Production Record / Global Code Allocation System) teams all necessary documents to produce MPR and submit, if applicable, through P&G’s CSS system.
- Maintain relationships with supply partners for sourcing of materials
- Customer reporting as required such as the M2K DAR (Daily Activity Report) or other inventory related requests.
- Maintain and handle all client job files in appropriate manner.
- Provide after hours support and answer questions from the plant when needed to fulfill production needs
- Participate in customer tracker meetings/calls and be responsive to any unforeseen customer needs.
- Facilitate MPR approval from the customer.
- Label specification or pallet placard by brand code as required.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts including cost saving ideas.
- Provide backup support to other project managers if necessary, including training of new personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to assume other roles when work schedules necessitate movement of staff to other positions.
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree
- Desired 1-3 years’ experience in the Retail Industry or related field such as product design, printing, corrugated or advertising.
- Understands the basics of printing and converting for packaging and/or displays, as well as product sourcing and development processes.
- Strong Computer Skills (Windows, Email, Word, Excel, Team Work/Project Scheduling)
- Willingness to learn
- Overriding customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong accuracy working with numbers
- Demonstrates leadership ability and can work in a team environment
- Can negotiate skillfully to win concessions without damaging relationships
- Can martial resources (people, support) to get things done
The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while maintaining accurate and precise project output (adhering to the process). This position will work both independently and as part of a team and requires a helpful and cooperative attitude, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
This position requires fundamental computer skills. A background in display and packaging is helpful but not mandatory. Project managers will be able to make decisions on the fly under high pressure situations from time to time. Proven ability to learn on the fly and adapt to evolving needs of the customer are required.
Work requires periods of sitting, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 30 pounds, using hands and fingers to feel, talking, and hearing. Work involving computers or telephone may be repetitive in nature.
Excellent communication skills are required in this role. The ability to deliver professional verbal and written communication at all levels of the organization, including directly to the customer is a requirement. This would include the ability to delivery bad news from time to time and show the initiative in providing a possible solution for the customer to consider.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Minimal travel either to QA operations sites or customer meetings. Work also requires frequent driving in various types of weather.