Job Title: Preventive Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Reliability Manager
Department: - Production and Maintenance
Responsible for controlling all Preventative, Predictive Maintenance of plant machinery, mechanical, electrical and associated equipment with the help of both maintenance personnel and Production crew.
- Enforce prescribed safety rules and regulation.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Co-ordinate with Maintenance Manager, Department Superintendents, Schedulers and department Supervisors in regards the scheduling of Preventative maintenance and project work.
- Plan Preventative Maintenance work 24 hrs. in advance of machine being on PM, by coordinating work lists with Department heads, Supervisors, leads and operators, and ensuring that the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and Parts Manager are aware of what work will be done during the Maintenance period.
- Upload all completed PM Check lists to the Completed PM Folder on the Common Drive.
- Maintain the Google Work Spreadsheet and add additional work that is brought to your attention.
- Work with any outside Contractor that is brought in to the plant to complete maintenance work, and to ensure that the work completed is of the required standard and completes the work that they were contracted for.
- Oversee the preventative Maintenance period by supervising the work being done on the machine center, coordinating the maintenance personnel, machine crew and the two Maintenance interns, by ensuring that the maintenance period is task driven not time driven.
- Be willing to engage in further skill enhancement programs both through Pratt U and outside colleges as may be required.
- Engage in additional training within the plant in any department where there is a lack of operational knowledge. It is essential that in this role, the successful candidate has a thorough knowledge of being able to operate all equipment in the plant.
- Be willing to participate in weekly Operational Excellence calls with the various department heads.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of set up, maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting, replacement, repairs, adjustments and other duties on a wide variety of equipment as needed to ensure safe operation of equipment and improved machine efficiencies.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and Parts Manager to ensure that IMAINTENANCE is being correctly used for parts, Work orders and that all parts used are recorded and that the system is updated.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Over three years’ experience in a corrugating facility with like or similar machinery.
Able to maintain and repair plant electrical, mechanical and associated equipment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Other Requirements:
Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials used in maintaining plant equipment.
Ability to read and understand blue prints, schematics, drawings and service manuals.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and open communication with others.
Maintains records of planned and completed maintenance.
- Computer Literate
- Ability to critically evaluate detail, data and information.
- Able to receive and give direction.
- Be highly organized.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May be required to work a flexible or on Call Schedule.
- Working Conditions:
- Working in a plant environment.
- Physical ability sufficient to perform assigned duties. Physical abilities that permits activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting, pushing, stooping, climbing and working under adverse, including extreme temperatures and high humidity.
- Working on machinery that may be contaminated and or dirty, with machine vibration and requiring the use of Ear, Eye and General PPE.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be, at times, loud.
- Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, sit and stand.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.