Unpack your potential and grow with Pratt Industries - full-time year round jobs with a growing manufacturing company in the sustainable packing industry! A company that cares, Pratt Industries is looking for new talent to join our family.
Why Choose Us?
At Pratt Industries, we care about our employees by providing secure jobs, a safe work environment, and many supportive benefits. By investing in employees, we are able to offer growth opportunities to build a thriving, lifelong career.
Perks of Pratt?
- Paid Holidays from DAY ONE
- Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
- 3 Months: MONTHLY Gainsharing Bonus & 401(k) with match
- 12 Months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing and parenting leave
Supervise approximately 6 people in the daily routine of running the Asitrade machine in a safe, productive manner with minimum waste.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee operation of the Asitrade machine, including installation and repairs
- Oversee and supervise all employees working on the machine
- Initiate programs to set and maintain quality, efficiencies, safety, and production levels to high standards
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including the following: training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven supervisory experience
- Asitrade experience is mandatory for consideration
- Leadership Skills
- Time management
- Crisis management
- Teaching, training, and coaching
- Interpersonal communication
- Employee relations
- Language Skills
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Technical Skills
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor's role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Quality standards
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.