Pay - $17.50/ Hour, No experience needed - full-time, quicker benefits!
Perks of Pratt?
· Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
· 3 Months: GAINSHARING BONUS, paid holidays, and 401k with partial match
· 6 months: PAID vacation days
Qualifications? Only two things:
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Strong desire to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art, fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Parental leave
· Vision insurance
· Bonus pay
· High school or equivalent (Required)
Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating production machines including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations to meet customer demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work safely at all times, be aware of surroundings and understand and comply with Pratt Industries Safety rules, operating procedures, and help hold co-workers responsible for safety related items. Participate in Plant Safety Committee.
• Follow at all times GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes)
• Learn and comply with Pratt Industries quality procedures and policies. Stop bad quality from leaving the facility to the Customer. Catch it on the front end of manufacturing the product. Strong attention to detail for poor quality; prevent bad quality being sent to customer.
• Performs a variety of tasks in the assigned department. Possible to be in multiple areas of the plant during the week working on varied projects and customer orders.
• Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
• Housekeeping and cleaning of work areas – keep clean and free of tripping hazards during shift and end of shift cleaning of the area. In addition, good housekeeping of areas employee utilizes; break rooms, bathrooms, refrigerators etc.
• Learn and understand from Machine Operators capability and capacity of machines and assist with driving efficiencies limiting waste and downtime. Do not sacrifice quality for machine speeds – must have both excellent quality and high efficiencies with minimal downtime.
• Learn from Machine Operators and Production Supervisor the job duties on the machines, downtime, setup times and quality.
• Cross-train on other machines and learns other positions in the plant.
• Assist with completing necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
• Switch duties with co-workers as necessary. Learning environment to learn as many job duties to assist with plant growth and personal and professional growth opportunities.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
• Adheres to production schedule.
• Must be able to work overtime as necessary, sometimes on short notice. We serve our customers 24x7 – 365 days a year and sometimes work on holidays not avoidable.
• Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the packaging industry; paper, plastics, converting
6 months’ experience in some type of manufacturing operation.
Able to read and follow instructions; quality, safety, job packets
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment (and affirmative action) opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veterans status, or disability.