DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all local, State and Federal safety standards
- Interact with internal customers
- Conduct product development testing
- Comply with all ASTM, UN, TAPPI and Pratt Industries procedures
- Ensure calibration of all testing equipment and facilitate repairs of all lab equipment
- Work with Quality Manager and staff members to plan projects
- Manage and complete projects as assigned by Quality manager
- Observe equipment conditions and report potential problems to Quality Manager
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Ensures product quality. Establishes and manages systems for “right first time” performance and incorporates this philosophy in the continuous improvement teams.
- Check and continue to monitor quality of boxes during the run.
- Complete necessary quality reports and audits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coaching, Motivating and Mentoring crews.
- Ability to translate operational issues into corrective action procedures.
- Become familiar with the company quality system to effectively train the lead team and plant personnel.
- Support the quality training program for all departments. Collaborate with supervisors and leads to facilitate and ensure adequate training is provided to production personnel.
- Supports safety as a top priority in training, job design and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in conducting safety inspections, meetings, and training programs.
- Assist with new-hire safety and quality orientation program.
- Assist Safety Manager of purchasing safety equipment and systems.
- Assist with Safety Committee projects and meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in Quality preferred.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.