Position Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Sales Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for the selling and servicing of profitable accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sell new, profitable accounts.
• Service existing accounts through regular contact.
• Follow-up on past due collections.
• Knowledge of products, machine limitation, and costing variables.
• Follow-up on customer specifications in regard to particular orders.
• Process all required paperwork on a timely basis.
• Assist in preparing annual sales budget forecasts.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or GED
• 2-4 years of sales required
• Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and ability to drive
• Able to load and unload samples from vehicle
• College degree, preferably in graphics or packaging
• Experience in the corrugated box industry
Able to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts as discounts, costs, proportions, percentages and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or graphics form.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually load.
In addition, the employee frequently drives to and from customers and prospects and may experience hazardous driving conditions.
The performance of the Sales Representative will be measured as follows:
Operating Standards: The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer service. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the representative.
Personal Growth – Each yes there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the representative and Manager.
Employee Relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with the appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity – This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled.