Competitive Pay, full-time, quicker benefits!
Perks of Pratt?
· Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
Holiday Pay & Monthly Incentive pay upon hire
· After 3 months eligible for 401k with partial match
· 6 months: PAID vacation days
Qualifications? Only two things:
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Strong desire to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art, fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Free Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Parental leave
· Vision insurance
· Monthly Bonus
· High school or equivalent (Required)
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Responsible for all activities associated with safely running the baler including operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Make good, neat bales
- Operate hogger and hog up all unusable paper and corrugated scrap.
- Maintain accurate bale reports.
- Maintain inventories of baling wire, wax and no wax tags, and scrap bales.
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner when necessary.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- HS Diploma/GED
- One year of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Prior work experience as a forklift operator.
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to read and follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.