Competitive Pay, full-time, quicker benefits!
Perks of Pratt?
· Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
· Monthly BONUS, paid holidays, and 401k with partial match
· 6 months: PAID vacation days
Qualifications? Only two things:
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Strong desire to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art, fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Parental leave
· Vision insurance
· Bonus pay
· High school or equivalent (Required)
Operates console that controls automatic palletizing equipment and corresponding equipment to sort, transfer, bag or wrap and stack corrugated containers on pallets by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Operates the unitizer and corresponding equipment, including accurate placement of bands and stretch wrap in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensures proper placement of unit tags and cover sheets and correct stacking patterns.
- Scans barcodes on units going through unitizer.
- Makes neat units with proper number of bands, dunnage, load tags and pallets on each unit.
- Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Completes necessary reports in a neat, accurate and timely manner that may include, but are not limited to: Production, Safety and Quality Data, Machine Operational Status and Maintenance Work Orders.
- Ensures unit and order quantities are correct.
- Pulls excess scrap from units.
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner when necessary.
- Cross trains assistants and utility helpers on duties.
- Maintains equipment proactively, turns in maintenance work orders for repairs to Supervisor in a timely manner and follows up that repairs have been made.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Follows corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months manufacturing experience preferred or combination of both.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Obtain and maintain current Forklift Operator’s Certification may be required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be available to work any shift, overtime as required and weekends when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision depth perception, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.