Coordinate the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of production or processing machines and equipment with minimal downtime. Involves checking, setting up, and operating various types of production tools and equipment prior to approving for production use.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Report to Plant Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
- Monitor warranties and service guarantees. Notify personnel of impending expiration dates.
- Conduct selective inventory monthly and verify with computerized inventory of maintenance parts and supplies.
- Locate O.E.M. manufacturers and after-market distributors in order to obtain competitive costs on parts or improved service.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
- Oversee and plan contract work and installations done by outside vendors.
- Improve career skills by enrolling yourself in seminars, technical courses, and related college courses.
- Must be on call twenty-four hours a day.
- Assist in selection, evaluation, and installation of capital and expense projects.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program, and good housekeeping.
- Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer/Data entry skills.
- Demonstrated personnel managerial skills.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant
- Two years’ experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Pre-employment, Random and Suspicion Drug tests are performed
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into Pratt Recycling, Inc.