POSITION: CLAMP TRUCK OPERATOR
SHIFT: 2ND SHIFT
Location: Pratt Specialty Sheets - PSS
Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the clamp truck.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the clamp truck in a safe manner. Must be qualified to properly operate the forklift
- Complete clamp truck inspection report at the beginning of each shift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Learn to read corrugator lineups. Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery and service goals.
- Take rolls of paper to the corrugator, always taking buttrolls first, and record all rolls taken to the corrugator on the proper forms. Mark buttrolls as to the size, diameter, lineal footage, and grade before returning to stock.
- Unload rolls from trailers and/or rail cars. Check for and note any physical damage to the rolls.
- Keep warehouse organized and clean.
- Turn in roll stock tallies to the corrugator supervisor.
- Assist the corrugator operator as instruct by supervision.
- Check viscosities on corrugator and at starch station as necessary.
- Accurately record daily starch checklist.
- Monitor inventory levels of starch and chemicals.
- Read related MSDS and learn proper response for emergency chemical spills or skin contact.
- Assist in the wet end training of the doublebacker and dry end personnel.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintain good housekeeping. Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
- Candidates are preferred who have prior forklift operator experience
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Work Schedule: 3rd shift, 10+ hour shifts, Monday through Friday and every other weekend.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.