POSITION: Maintenance Apprentice
AVAILABLE SHIFTS: 2ND OR 3RD
LOCATION: Conyers, GA - PSS
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Apprentice Technician is an hourly employee within plants or facilities. Responsibilities may include installing and maintaining equipment, performing preventative maintenance and repairs, and applying knowledge in a variety of skilled trade areas. Installs, maintains, and repairs machines and equipment in plants and related facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work with skilled maintenance technicians in the service and repair, installation, operation, modification of equipment throughout our manufacturing facility.
- Reads, reviews, and applies blueprints, schematics, and operating manuals to fix, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, basic carpentry, electrical, electronics, welding, and other skilled trades as appropriate or applicable.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and machinery in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of parts, machines and equipment.
- Accurately completes work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties.
- Assists with plant inspections and related facilities for mechanical and equipment problems, reviews and examines areas, and determines appropriate action(s).
- Ensures compliance with operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations; may require the employee to wear safety equipment or gear.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and safe working environment and may perform various janitorial or housekeeping tasks.
- Works flexible hours and shifts; including weekend work.
- Practice safe work habits at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Enrolled in or completed a Maintenance related Technical Program
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Prior industrial power truck or heavy equipment operating experience.
- Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
IND - PSS CONYERS