Pratt Industries is currently seeking a Division Human Resources Manager in our Recycling Division. This position will have responsibility over multiple sites located throughout the United States and travel will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a strong business partner and provide guidance to divisional senior level management regarding a broad range of complex employee relations issues, people policies, and processes.
- Lead team of HR Managers in locations across the division. Support the professional growth and development of the HR Managers within the division.
- Develop a deep knowledge of Pratt HR processes and procedures to coach and counsel local HR team, as needed. Step in and cover team on things such as payroll, recruiting, and performance management when necessary.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to state, city, and federal labor laws, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance across facilities.
- Facilitate Divisional reporting and analysis of HR metrics to identify business opportunities working with leadership to develop and implement solutions
- Proactively partner with the business and HR partners in Recruiting and Pratt University to implement strategies to strengthen or fill development gaps.
- Create and deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability
Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in the manufacturing or industrial work environments
- Previous experience managing people and multiple locations
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise performance, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Four year college degree.
PREFERRED candidates will possess all of the requirements above as well as:
- BS degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Experience with ADP Vantage Core and Time applications