**Position requires is a "home office". Must reside in the region being managed; Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Must be able to travel up to 50% to visit internal and external stakeholders to negotiate and develop relationships. The ability to work independently and be a self-starter is a must. Written and oral communication skills combined with extensive relationship building expertise and market knowledge are necessary for success. Functional technical skills must be a core competency.
Position Summary: Be able to negotiate agreements to purchase and sell recycling materials in the specific region of the U.S. Purchase and sell all scrap fiber grades, and additionally some plastic, metal, and other non-fiber grades in accordance with current market conditions. Collaborate with Brokerage Manager, Sales Managers, and mill buyers to develop best financial and strategic solutions for materials. Be able to develop and sustain growth of tons managed.
High School or general education plus additional specialized training including in-depth knowledge of supplier service support processes and procedures.
- Minimum 1 year related experience in supplier support, service or sales function preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the use and application of Microsoft Office suite software products.
- Demonstrated superior oral communication skills and the ability to listen carefully to others, obtain clarification and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Demonstrated ability to retain highly confidential and business propriety information.
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing work assignments priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and cross train easily.
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.