Pratt Industries is looking for a strong Human Resources Generalist to partner in the oversight of all HR duties of a corrugated plant of 200+ employees. Recruiting, Retention and Employee Engagement are just a few components of this multifaceted position.
Pratt Industries is a sustainable packaging company, and this facility specifically makes corrugated boxes. Think boxes for Domino’s pizzas, moving with Home Depot, Amazon deliveries, Hello Fresh meal, and much more!
- Paid Holidays from DAY ONE
- Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
- Three months: 401(k) with match
- 12 months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing/parenting leave
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
Responsible for all employment related duties (interviewing, hiring, benefits administration, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all phases of employment including advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, placement of personnel, orientation programs, exit interviews, and unemployment compensation hearings.
- Administer all employee benefits including insurance.
- Serve as primary source of contact to managers, employees, and legal counsel on human resource related matters.
- Maintain and administer all HR reports and records as required by state and federal laws.
- Manage the payroll process biweekly
- Maintain and update personnel files.
- Compute, post, and maintain reports related to employee leave and absentees.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
- 2 years of experience within the field of Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience in manufacturing
- Proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as overtime, commissions, percentages, etc. percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, sit and stand. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the plant can be loud at times. This position will work within an office environment with the expectation to spend periodic time on the plant production floor engaging with employees.
The individual must possess the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Demonstrate high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead the team to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to assess talent, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
The performance of the HR Generalist will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards- The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the areas of quality, cost, safety, planning, customer satisfactions, supervision, efficiency, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the manager.
- Personal growth- Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the manager and supervisor.
- Employee relations– The employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect, and communication.
- Creativity– This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas