Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic/Technicians
2nd and 3rd Shift
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Perks of Pratt?
- · Eligible for insurance benefits within ONE Month of hire.
- · 3 Months: 401k with partial match
- · 6 Months: PAID vacation days
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to troubleshoot applicable drives and PLCs.
- Must be able to read mechanical diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Must have a good knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Performs required maintenance on the plant’s building, machinery and equipment. Assists other maintenance personnel in performing mechanical maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform required maintenance on plant’s machinery and equipment
- Follow and ensure that coworkers adhere to all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic components.
- Ensure that all work orders provided are completed as requested, or solution is reached.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Complete all paper work and data entry as required.
- Assist in the training of coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required
- At least 5 years of experience, or documented training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
- Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English
Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to bend and lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously for prolonged periods.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Able to climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work space is not climate controlled and can reach both hot and cold extremes (30 degrees – 110 degrees Fahrenheit
Pratt Industries is America’s 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 6,500 highly skilled employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than a dozen states. The company operates three of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by “harvesting the urban forest."
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
IND - Conyers