POSITION: Corrugated Packaging – Structural Designer
LOCATION: Conyers, GA
What does a Packaging Designer do for Pratt Industries?
Our Structural Packaging Designers are responsible for overseeing creation of packaging prototypes/samples to assist Sales Account Representatives in Sales promotions. This function is crucial to obtaining and maintaining Customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new accounts or products, analyzing customer needs and production feasibility.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on occasion to present new products or designs to customers or prospects.
- Review accounts and make recommendations for updates on style, board weight, new developments, etc.
- Analyze changes in the industry and research innovations in packaging equipment.
- Produce samples on CAD table or cut samples by hand.
- Create production specifications from proto-types, drawings, etc.
- Work individually or collaboratively with cross-functional teams and resources during research, ideation, evaluation and validation stages of all design solutions
- Responsible for meeting deadlines with possible overtime required.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Management may assign additional duties on an as needed basis.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Flexible, fast learner, who can handle multiple projects, solve problems, and embrace challenges
- Can develop innovative and creative packaging solutions with a focus on manufacturability
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience in corrugated packaging or a related field.
- Proficient skills with ArtiosCAD, Kongsberg table, or similar tools.
- Experience in a corrugated production/manufacturing facility
- TOPS Software experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills with Customers and internal Sales/Production/Customer Service Staff.
- Exposure to package testing and methodologies (UN/DOT, ISTA, Etc)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Physical demands: Standing, sitting, walking, push/pull, ability to lift/carry 10lbs-50lbs.
- Must be able to work in a Manufacturing environment if required. Sometimes noisy, dirty, dusty, and hot and cold temperatures.
- Must successfully pass Company pre-employment screening
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
IND - Conyers