SUMMARY – Responsible for all activities associated with running the machine, including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Monitor product quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
• Check equipment for damage.
• Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
• Train and assist First and Second Helpers with job duties on the machine.
• Cross-train on other machines.
• Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
• Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
• Switch duties with First Helper as necessary.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
• Adhere to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
• Additional duties may be assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to learn and assist in mechanical set up
• Must be able to help troubleshoot problems and assist in necessary repairs
• Must have a reasonable knowledge of current Production Software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High school diploma or GED. Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
• Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
• 6 months experience as a First Helper.
• 6 months experience in the Production Department.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English, and is able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
• Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
• Able to apply concepts of high school math.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.