Repair and maintain electrical and electronic equipment, industrial controls, and mechanical equipment in a production setting by performing the following duties.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Practice safe work habits at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to parallel all rolls, and make all required settings and adjustments for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products.
- Demonstrate ability to teach other maintenance classifications in all qualification requirements and proper maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot PLCs and troubleshoot and repair all A/C and D/C drives and their control systems use.
- Demonstrate ability to use all aspects of the maintenance software program.
- Perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and emergent maintenance, and assist with the collection of predictive maintenance data.
- Follow up on all work in order to ensure repairs and work are performed properly.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
- Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly, and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts.
- Help maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Have basic knowledge of air compressors, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Associate degree in Electrical and electromechanical or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of maintenance experience.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following: Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Able to read technical manuals, blueprints, and various maintenance repair documents.
- Able to communicate with other people regarding troubleshooting and repairs.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working
- Time management
- Resource management
- Organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
- Must be able to read technical manuals, blueprints, and various maintenance repair documents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect, and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.