Fluent and diverse with all aspects of Electrical, Instrumentation, & Controls engineering & maintenance in a heavy industrial environment. Plans and executes all electrical engineering and maintenance duties with proper and appropriate standards and techniques. Self-motivated and driven to provide skill set as a valuable asset to limit production downtime and improve process & equipment efficiency. Must work in a safe manner and abide by safety all rules and practices.
• DCS System Support – System maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades as need. Responsibilities include program changes, graphics modifications, and hardware upgrades of the ABB 800xA DCS system.
• Maintenance Support – Work with Electrical Maintenance dept. on any and all issues that require additional electrical maintenance & engineering support. Call rotation included.
• Capital Project Support – Perform electrical & controls portion of Paper Mill Capital Projects. These duties may include, but not limited to, contractor management, planning and timeline assessments, cost evaluations, return-on-investment research, hands-on project execution, etc.
• PLC System Support - System maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades as needed. Responsibilities include program and logic changes, hardware and software upgrades, system backups, ect. Spare parts inventory management. Allen Bradley Control Logix, Micro Logix, and Siemens Step 7 experience is a plus.
• Drive System Support – Variable Speed Drive maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades. Logic changes, hardware maintenance, and on-going drive systems upgrades. Spare parts inventory management. GE and Allen-Bradley experience a plus.
• Instrumentation & Control Valve Support – Maintain, troubleshoot, calibration, installation and repair instrumentation and control valves. Thorough knowledge of pressure, flow, and temperature transmitter theory and application a must. Control valve experience a plus.
• General Electrical & Automation Support – Provide maintenance and engineering support in all general aspects of electrical and automation field, mill wide. Assist with any designated projects for a sound and thorough resolution that will improve process efficiency, minimize downtime, and/or result in monetary savings.
• Electrical on-call duty, which will require coverage on nights and weekends as needed.
• Support maintenance department downtime goals.
Education and Experience: The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Associates degree from two-year College in a related technical field or diploma from trade school in related field and five years’ experience in the maintenance of paper manufacturing facility.
• In-depth knowledge of maintenance of the paper manufacturing plant is an asset
• Experience with repair and maintenance of processing equipment.
• Experience with distributive control systems (ABB DSC) and programmable logic controller (Allen-Bradley PLC) is highly recommended.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software.
• Professional office and manufacturing environments; may be subject to high levels of dust, odors, fumes, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, loud noises, and other environmental factors found in manufacturing environments.
• Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.