POSITION: Strawberry Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: District Manager
Pay Range $22.00 -$28.53
Responsible for supervising production line crews and distribution personnel to support company policies and operating procedures. To be successful, this position must assure continuous improvement and consistently achieve operation effectiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Follows corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Provides leadership to support to company policies, operating methods and standards.
- Supervise strawberry production and distribution operations to assure optimum customer service.
- Establishes daily priorities to assure acceptable operating performance.
- Train and coach operations employees to comply with operational standards and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct timely and in time employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station continuity employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers. Coordinate with Production Management for appropriate staffing levels. Schedule and conduct shift crew meetings.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals and implemented LEAN Based activities to improve production efficiencies.
- Responsible for product line quality assurance and conform to market requirements. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product
- outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Communicate with other Operations Employees and Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Complete Production Paper work.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- optimum customer service.
- This job directly supervises all strawberry production and distribution personnel to assure
The individual must possess the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior supervisory experience.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor's role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the supervisor will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the supervisor will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the supervisor.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the supervisor to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the supervisor and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the supervisor will be evaluated regarding his/her skills and advancements in the areas of motivational techniques and results, positive and corrective/constructive feedback, subordinate development and creating a positive work environment.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the supervisor is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.