Looking for a stable company that will value your experience?
$16.67/hr. & $0.50/hr. shift differential to start, Full Time, Quicker Benefits!
Perks of Pratt?
- Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
- 3 Months: Paid holidays, and 401k with partial match
- 6 months: PAID vacation days
Qualifications? Only two things:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art, fast-paced environment
What do Baler Operators do at Pratt Industries?
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make good, neat bales.
- Operate hogger and hog up all unusable paper and corrugated scrap.
- Maintain accurate bale reports.
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner when necessary.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications.
Product quality specifications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.