POSITION TITLE: LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: Customer Service ManagerSUMMARY
Take and process customer orders and address all customer inquiries and complaints.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take customer new Items either directly from customers or sales representatives.
- Work directly with Production to maximize number of outs or machine specification.
- Process new Items within 48hr.
- Work directly with vendors to negotiate tooling prices.
- Monitor incoming tooling for new Items.
- Maintain customer files.
- Process purchase orders.
- Maintain New Item spread sheet.
- Record and distribute customer order changes.
- Send confirmations to customers
- Process quotes within 24hrs.
- Assist Customer Service in data entry when new Items are slow.
- Assist Customer Service Manager in any projects needed.
- Assist sales personnel as appropriate and assist in generating supplemental sales.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
High school diploma or GED
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Computer data-entry experience
Experience in the corrugated box industry
Excellent communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram (graphic) form. Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information or standardization exists.TECHNICAL SKILLS
Application knowledge and skill for computer data entry
Application knowledge of products and production processes
Quality standards – both ISO and QSPHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the Customer Service Representative will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer service. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the representative.
Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the representative and supervisor.
Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans