Looking for a stable company that will value your experience?
$17.84/hr. to start, Full Time, Quicker Benefits!
Perks of Pratt?
- Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
- 3 Months: Paid holidays, and 401k with partial match
- 6 months: PAID vacation days
Assists with set ups and operation of flexo/press folder gluer machine to print designs, cut and score on cardboard to create containers by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists operator with accurately and efficiently setting up and operating machine by selecting and fastening printing plate on machine, filling ink pails with required colors, adjusting rate of flow of ink and spacing guides and checking glue station.
- Ensures diagonal and corrugator scores are deep enough for folding to work correctly.
- Maximizes utilization of machine by operating at available capacity and speed while minimizing waste of sheet stock, inks and glue.
Checks containers to verify quality by examining for miss-slotted containers, loose liner, misprints or any other defects.
- Responsible for assisting Operator and with training the Helper with job duties on machine by switching duties as needed to provide such training.
- Trains on other machines in order to provide back-up support when needed and must be willing to move to another machine or another shift depending on needs of the Company.
- Completes necessary reports in a neat, accurate and timely manner which may include but are not limited to: Production, Safety and Quality Data, Machine Operational Status and Maintenance Work Orders on Cutting/Dies and Printing Plates.
- Maintains equipment proactively, turns in maintenance work orders for repairs to Supervisor in a timely manner and follows up that repairs have been made.
- Adheres to daily production schedule, reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor and makes recommendations for optimizing schedules to meet cost, quality, delivery and customer service goals.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures including safety and good housekeeping.
- Follows corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 6 months’ experience as a Press Department First Helper.
- 6 months’ experience in the Press and Finishing Department.