Job Title: Plant Scheduler
Department: Production (Display Division)
Reports To: Plant Manager
- Oversees and is responsible for the scheduling of shipping, preventive maintenance and production for the manufacturing plant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Create and disseminate the production schedule ensuring the most efficient production balancing cost and customer needs.
- Interact with other departments to ensure the proper flow of information.
- Follow all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
- Ensures the maintenance of a safe & clean work area.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are followed. Take disciplinary action as needed
- Complete all paper work and data entry as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to train a back up to fulfill your obligations when absent
- Must be able to understand customer needs and create production schedules to meet those needs
- Must be able to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Must have good leadership qualities and maintain the respect of his superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Must have an excellent grasp of current Production Scheduling Software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
- High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required with adequate experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
- Needs an excellent understanding of both written & spoken English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
- Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans