• Assists the Operator in overseeing all aspects of machine operation and assists in the manufacture of the items produced while assigned to the machine. Acts as the Operator when the Operator is absent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Follow and ensure that fellow crew members adhere to all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
• Maintain a safe & clean work area.
• Assist in ensuring the proper mechanical set up and running of the machine.
• Assist in ensuring that all orders produced are completed according to specifications provided.
• Maintain acceptable production rates.
• Complete all paper work and data entry as required.
• Assist in the training of crew members
• Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to assist the operator in completing the mechanical set up
• Must be able to learn how to operate the feed, print , die cutting and delivery sections of the machine
• Must be willing to be trained as an operator for vacations, sickness, etc.
• Must have a reasonable knowledge of current Production Software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
• High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
• Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
• Must be able to read & use a non metric measuring tape
• Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to bend and lift 70 lbs. without assistance
• Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously for prolonged periods.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods
• Able to climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work space is not climate controlled and can reach both hot and cold extremes (30 degrees – 110 degrees Fahrenheit)