• Performs required maintenance on the plant’s building, machinery and equipment. Assists other maintenance personnel in performing mechanical maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Follow and ensure that coworkers adhere to all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
• Maintain a safe & clean work area.
• Troubleshoot electrical and electronic components.
• Ensure that all work orders provided are completed as requested, or solution is reached.
• Maintain parts inventory.
• Complete all paper work and data entry as required.
• Assist in the training of coworkers.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to troubleshoot applicable drives and PLCs.
• Must be able to read mechanical diagrams and electrical schematics.
• Must have a good knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
• High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required
• At least 2 years of experience, or documented training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
• Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
• Must be able to read & use a non metric measuring tape
• Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to bend and lift 70 lbs. without assistance
• Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously for prolonged periods.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods
• Able to climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work space is not climate controlled and can reach both hot and cold extremes (30 degrees – 110 degrees Fahrenheit)