• General duties. Receives product off the main banding line. Checks load tags and either loads the product into the specified trailer(s), or moves product into inventory. Moves product from inventory to machines. Completes the required paper work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Follow and help to ensure that fellow workers adhere to all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment.
- Be constantly vigilant and maintain a safe & clean work area.
- Utilize scanners and ensure inventories are kept accurate.
- Ensure that all orders produced are moved to the next operation.
- Handle product to minimize damage
- Cut bill of ladings on all loads
- Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a licensed powered industrial truck operator
• Must be able to operate a lift truck safely with minimal product damage
• Must be able to accurately scan load tags and maintain accurate inventories
• Must be able to read and follow production schedules
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
• High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
• Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
• Must be able to read & use a non metric measuring tape
• Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to bend and lift 30 lbs. without assistance
• Able to easily get on and off powered industrial truck equipment
• Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Able to climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work space is not climate controlled and can reach both hot and cold extremes (30 degrees – 110 degrees Fahrenheit)