3rd Shift Material Handler/Forklift Driver
Perks of Pratt?
- Insurance benefits within ONE MONTH of hire
- Immediate PAID Holidays
- 3 Months – 401(k) with partial match
- 6 Months – PAID Vacation Days
What do Material Handlers do at Pratt Industries?
Our Material Handlers support the facility by maintaining accurate records as to the location of each unit moved for inventory accuracy and are responsible performing basic forklift equipment maintenance and general housekeeping duties.
Jump on the path of a lifelong career!
Job Type – Full-Time!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Monday to Friday
- 10pm to 6am
- OT Available
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience driving and operating a forklift
- High degree of attention and control for prevention of damage to materials and equipment
- Previous experience in the packaging industry a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely at all times, be aware of surroundings and understand and comply with Pratt Industries Safety rules, operating procedures, and help hold co-workers responsible for safety related items. Participate in Plant Safety Committee.
- Follow at all times GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes)
- Learn and comply with Pratt Industries quality procedures and policies. Stop bad quality from leaving the facility to the Customer. Catch it on the front end of manufacturing the product. Strong attention to detail for poor quality; prevent bad quality being sent to customer.
- Performs a variety of tasks in the assigned department. Possible to be in multiple areas of the plant during the week working on varied projects and customer orders.
- Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of work areas – keep clean and free of tripping hazards during shift and end of shift cleaning of the area. In addition, good housekeeping of areas employee utilizes; break rooms, bathrooms, refrigerators etc.
- Moving various sized units and or products from various sources to the next staging area.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records as to the location of the each unit moved for inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for performing basic forklift equipment maintenance and general housekeeping duties.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary, sometimes on short notice. We serve our customers 24x7 – 365 days a year and sometimes work on holidays not avoidable.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Must be Pratt forklift certified
- Previous Pratt and/or two years forklift operation preferred.
- Experience with “scanner” or “barcode” warehouse management inventory systems preferred.
- Must have the ability to; multi-task, positive interpersonal communication, be able to problem solve, read and understand a tape measure, excellent time management skills
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.