Pratt is America’s 5th Largest Corrugated Packaging Company and the world’s largest, privately-held 100% recycled paper and packaging company, with more than 4000 highly-skilled, green-collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability.
POSITION: Quality Technician
LOCATION: Wapakoneta, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
Compile data and produce reports for customers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all local, State and Federal safety standards
- Interact with internal customers
- Conduct product development testing
- Conduct ASTM, ISTA testing
- Comply with all ASTM, ISTA, UN, TAPPI and Pratt Industries procedures
- Ensure calibration of all testing equipment
- Facilitate repairs of all lab equipment
- Interpret impact of testing results on box performance
- Monitor lab environmental controls
- Work with Quality Manager and staff members to plan projects
- Manage and complete projects as assigned by Quality manager
- Assist Quality staff with projects assigned to them
- Observe equipment conditions and report potential problems to Quality Manager
- Complete other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Minimum 2+ years of Quality Auditor or Quality Technician experience
- Exceptional MS Access and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.