If you’re looking for a company that will invest in you as much as you invest in them, Pratt Industries is the place for you! We value your maintenance knowledge, skills, and experience by providing competitive pay, quick benefits, and unparalleled career growth opportunities.
Wages start between $26 - $30 per hour based on experience and assessment, with detailed steps for promotion and pay raises
Shifts Available: 12 Hour Night Shift, 2-2-3 Schedule
Perks of Pratt?
- $1,000 Tool Allowance
- Training and advancement opportunities at one of Pratt’s newest facilities
- Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
- Paid holidays from Day 1
- 3 Months: 401(k) with match
- 6 Months: PAID vacation days
- 12 Months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing and parenting leave
What do Maintenance Technicians do at Pratt Industries?
These skilled multi-craft professionals are crucial to the safe and effective operations of this facility. Our Maintenance Technicians maintain and repair the machinery involved in turning recycled paper into the 2-D version of a corrugated box and getting them to our customers! Think boxes for Domino’s pizzas, moving with Home Depot, Amazon deliveries, Hello Fresh meals, and more! (And yes, we make those!)
What experience and skills are required?
- Troubleshooting of 3-Phase power/electricity
- AC/DC Motors and Motor Starters
- Gearboxes/Gear Reducers
- Basic working knowledge of PLCs
- Basic working knowledge of VFDs
- Pneumatic Systems
Top candidates will possess the following Skills/Experience
- Experience with electrical instrumentation
- Ability to get online to troubleshoot logic controllers/VFDs
- Conduit Bending
- Machining Skills (Lathe, Mill, Press, etc.)
- Industrial Safety
What is the work environment like?
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the assistance of another worker.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Screwdrivers – Phillips and Slotted, (Typical 8-10 piece set)
- Precision Screwdriver Set (Small Phillips and Slotted for electronics, spring terminals)
- Hex Key Sets (Allen Wrenches) Metric and Standard
- Box End Wrench Sets, Metric and Standard – Quality ratcheting wrenches are recommended (Craftsman,Gearwrench, Kobalt, etc.)
- Socket Sets – ¼”, 3/8”, ½” Drive, Metric and Standard Sockets, Extensions, Hex Head Sockets, Deep-well Sockets
- Adjustable Wrench Set (Crescent Wrenches) – Strongly recommend Channellock brand wide-jaw 6” adjustable
- wrench, plus 10” and 12” adjustable wrenches
- Hammers – 12oz Ball Peen, 3Lb Sledge
- Pry Bar Set – (Heavy Duty) 12” and 18”
- Locking Pliers Set – Straight jaw and curved jaw sets (Vise Grips)
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Tongue and Groove Pliers Set (Channel Locks)
- Diagonal Cutters
- Wire Strippers
- Crimping Pliers
- Punch and Chisel Set (Taper Punches, Pin Punches, Cold Chisels)
- Metal File Set (Flat, Round, Half-Round, Triangle)
- Pipe Wrenches
- Work Light with Magnetic Base
- Tap & Die Set
- Tap Sockets
- Long Shank Hex-Head Sockets
- Nut Drivers
- Telescopic Retrieval Magnet, Inspection Mirror
- Adjustable/Indexing and Extendable Pry Bar 29” or Bigger
- Feeler Gauge Set
- Torpedo Level
- Machinists Squares, Speed Square
- Digital Caliper
- Thread File
- Welding Gloves
- Welding Helmet
- Fluke T6-1000 Multi-Meter
- Power Tools required to perform tasks - drill and quarter inch impact
- Specialty Tools required to perform tasks