The Material Handler is responsible for staging the bailed and loose raw materials for the paper mill. They will be operating intermittently Fork-Lifts, Front End Loaders, and/or Bobcat mobile equipment in a 24/7 operation working 12 hour shifts in a 4 shift rotational concept. They must be able to get on & off equipment regularly, understand inventory procedures, some basic computer skills, and be able to communicate clearly with the team and their supervisor. They must be able to read orders, possess basic mathematical skills, complete documentation, and be able to operate various types of small to medium sized industrial mobile equipment.
Essential Job Functions
1) Mental Ability – The Material Handler must be able to read orders and prepare reports legibly and properly. They must be able to communicate orally with all personnel in the plant. They must be able to operate a calculator for basic mathematical computations. Basic typing skills are essential for basic computer use and/or computerized scanning machine.
2) Physical Ability – The Material Handler must be able to climb up onto various types of industrial equipment truck and be able to operate steering controls, hand levers, and/or two foot pedals. There could be occasional climbing up a ladder. They must have excellent depth perception to maneuver the equipment and raw materials around crowded areas with co-workers nearby. Must be able to frequently get on and off equipment and the use of hand tools, specifically cutting pliers, is required.
3) Safety – It is plant policy to work in a safe manner. All Material Handlers must ensure guards are in place, follow lock-tag-try procedures, observe hazards such as nip points, and follow plant and department safety rules.
Work is light difficulty, fast paced, physically demanding, and will be outside. Material Handlers must be able to operate a steering wheel, hydraulic levers, foot pedals, and a handheld scanner. They must be able to observe their immediate area for safe operation of mobile industrial equipment in crowded areas. Occasionally, they may be asked to maneuver items by hand and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Education and/or Experience
1) Post-secondary educational degree (2 to 4 year degree from college, university, technical-school, military, vocational or other advanced educational institution) is highly preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
1) Drug testing/Screening, Background Checks, Physical exam, and Reference Checks
2) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, shoes, gloves, etc…)
3) Demonstrates a proven record of learning aptitude
4) Participate in ongoing educational certificate training program provided
5) Housekeeping, including washing up, sweeping, and shoveling debris.
6) Perform other tasks as required by Mill Management.
Material Handlers will be Salaried Non-Exempt (qualify for overtime above 40 hrs./week)
Base Salary of $40,000.00 plus built in overtime in the schedule and incentive (Total Compensation of $65,000.00+ annually)
Participating Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
401K Plan with Company Match
Mill Incentive Program: Earn up to 33.3% of monthly base pay each month (Paid Quarterly)
Child Bearing/Parental Leave
9 Paid Holidays/Paid Vacation
Uniforms/Safety Shoes/Prescription Safety Glasses
Tuition Reimbursement / Assistance Program
Healthy Lifestyles Program
Gym Reimbursement Program
Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
Supplemental Spouse and Child Life Insurance plans
Income Protection Plans
Legal and Travel Assistance Plans
EAP/Home Auto Insurance Plans
*Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.