The Paper Machine Operator is a multi-skilled position responsible for all activities associated with the production and operation of the paper machine equipment. This consists of: proactively assisting all co-workers with setting up, operating, problem solving, and maintaining production of paper making equipment and processes in a 24/7 operation working 12 hour shifts in a 4 shift rotational concept. Included in their duties are to ensure adherence to directives and procedures, ensure all materials are available, ensure proper set-up of equipment, complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner and assist in the preventative machine maintenance. The Paper Machine Operator will follow all established safe work practices.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Mental Ability – must be able to communicate orally with team members and understand instructions provided in written, oral, or graphic form. Understand complex procedural and process designs, ability to read a tape measure accurately, process flow diagrams, gauges and operate a calculator for basic mathematical computations.
2) Mechanical Aptitude -- Possess a working knowledge of basic computer use and “light general maintenance.”
3) Physical Ability Dimensions –Safety – Work is medium difficulty but fast paced. Individual must be able to stand for long periods and have good mobility. Individual must be ultra-cognizant of surroundings and potential hazards. Individual must be able to lift 50+ pounds (not repetitively), climb stairs, climb ladders and use hand tools. Individual must have no known chemical sensitivity and be able to function in an environment of extreme temperatures.
Education and/or Experience:
1) Post-secondary educational degree (2 to 4 year degree from college, university, technical-school, military, vocational or other advanced educational institution) is REQUIRED.
2) Previous papermaking experience is not necessary.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements:
1) Drug testing/Screening, Background Checks, Physical exam, and Reference Checks
2) Pre-employment aptitude testing
3) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, shoes, gloves, etc…)
4) Monitor, control, and adjust machines, equipment and processes
5) Demonstrates a proven record of learning aptitude
6) Participate in ongoing educational certificate training program provided
7) Housekeeping, including washing up, sweeping, and shoveling debris
8) Working knowledge of equipment design for process troubleshooting
9) “Hands On” mechanical capabilities to preform small repairs of paper mill equipment
10) Perform physical testing of raw materials or finished product
11) Continuously perform fast walking rounds of work area
12) Train other employees as well as receive training in multiple disciplines of jobs through-out the plant
13) Interpret data from the computer system and input data from various sources as needed
14) Perform other tasks as required by Mill Management
Paper Machine Operators will be Salaried Non-Exempt (qualify for overtime above 40 hrs./week)
Starting Base Salary: $55,000/yr. (Based on 2080 hrs)
There is built-in overtime with the (4) four shift rotating schedule
Mill Incentive Program: Monthly maximum of 33.3% of Base Salary (Paid Quarterly)
Total Compensation: Ability to earn $85,000.00+ per year with base salary, overtime, and incentive plan
Additional Opportunities for Salary Increases:
Skills Enhancement Learning Program: (4) competency levels to increase base salary rate
Annual Performance Reviews
Participating Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
Supplemental Spouse & Child Life Insurance plans
Child Bearing & Parental Leave
401K Plan with Company Match
Tuition Reimbursement / Assistance Program
Healthy Lifestyles Program
Virgin Pulse Fitness Tracking Program
Income Protection Plans
Legal and Travel Assistance Plans
EAP/Home Auto Insurance Plans
*Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.